Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What To Do With Your Leftover Candle Wax

Leftover Candles

As you know from my previous post on candles, that I love candles, especially ones from Bath & Body Works.  Unfortunately, when the wicks burn out there is often times about a half of an inch leftover in the jar.  I never want to just throw it out, because its still good wax and has the lovely scent still in it too. Throughout the year BBW has many sales on their candles, both the big and small ones.  Most times, especially during the holidays I like to stock up, so I can burn them throughout the season.  This is great, until you are left with 4 or 5 candles with a half inch of wax left in them.  If you have this same issue, here’s what to do:

IMG_0643

1. Place candle in freezer for a few hours (1-2).  This will harden the wax and make it separate from the glass easier.

IMG_0644

2. Once the wax is frozen, remove from freezer and with a knife, spoon, fork, I recommend a knife puncture the wax.  It should break up into large pieces and come cleanly off the glass.

IMG_0645

IMG_0646

3. Use this wax in a wax warmer, which you can find at most craft and décor stores.  Most of these wax warmers are no more than $15 and come with a lightbulb that is easily replaceable.  Some do come with tealight candles, but I recommend the lighbulb ones, because they last longer and are less maintenance.

IMG_0641

IMG_0647

IMG_0648

You typically need to switch the wax out after a few week, depending on how often you warm it.  Wax warmers make nice decorative elements to your space, and double with scenting your home.  Your also able to use the leftover wax, so you don’t feel like you didn’t get your money’s worth out of the candle.

Of course if you’re super crafty you can have a conglomerate of waxes leftover from several candles and make new candle.  This would require you to to purchase a container to put the candle in and a wick to burn it, but would otherwise be pretty simple.

I hope this gives you some ideas for how to use leftover wax!  I know we all want to get our money’s worth out of things we purchase and enjoy them to the fullness, sometimes finding a new way to repurpose something does just that.

Happy bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for showing what to do with leftover candle wax! Following on Bloglovin, Pinterest and Facebook! Please come share this and other of your posts at What to do Weekends Party. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/07/what-to-do-weekends-27.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome & thanks so much for stopping over and inviting me to link up at your party. I'm following you on all social networks as well!

      Have a great week! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea - I always have leftover wax!
    Thanks so much for sharing this at our "Best Of The Weekend party"! I have pinned your project to our party board and another big board too. We hope to see you again when the party kicks off Friday eve at 8PM EST.
    Have a great week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and thanks for pinning as well! I look forward to linking up again this week! :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your tip at Breaking Rules Party. I hope to see you again this week - Thursday, 5PM CST.

    Judy
    Pursuit of Functional HOme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absolutely welcome! I look forward to linking up again this week!

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.