Saturday, June 1, 2013

Anatomy Scan

First off let me begin by saying that it was absolutely wonderful to see baby yesterday.  Baby was super active during the ultrasound, but did cooperate so that the tech was able to get all of her pictures.  Oh and we are still team GREEN!  We actually had to look away for several parts of the scan, because when she did the lower half of the body we didn't want to see anything.  It was really cool, because that was the first thing we said to her, and she was awesome about telling us to look away.  I think, however, that I have an inkling but I go back and forth all the time.  Its funny, because when I first found out I was pregnant I thought the baby was one gender and then a few weeks later I thought it was the other gender.  Recently, I've been at a complete lost for what baby could be and I want to keep it that way.

Now, to the scan part...well, I don't have much to say, because a tech did the scan and she wasn't able to really tell us anything while she was doing it.  She will formulate a report and send it back to the Dr's office and they will review it and discuss it with me at my next visit.  Unless, I receive a phone call from my PA, then I can assume al is well.  I do have to admit that I was pretty bummed by this.  It would have been nice to have had some one go through and talk us through the enitre scan and tell us about the baby.  From what I could see though, baby looked really good and healthy.  This is the only ultrasound I will have, provided there's no reason for me to have to get another one at my PA's request, so until baby comes out this is the only time I will see him or her.

The scan itself took about 30-40 mins, and she gave us about 7 or so pics.  We did see the baby yawning, which was so cute and even saw at one point the baby's hands clasped together.  The ironic thing about the hands being clasped is that I was doing the exact same thing at the exact same time.  The tech ended up giving us a snapshot of that too.  Baby was pretty agitated after the scan and was moving and bouncing around for the rest of the night.  The only part of the scan that was a little uncomfortable was having to have a full bladder and when she had to press firmly on my hips near my hip and pelvic bone to get a pic of my cervix and measure it.  Otherwise, everything was good and seamless. 

I included some pics for your viewing pleasure:



Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns




No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.