Monday, June 17, 2013

Pregnancy Belly | Quick & Easy Classic Rice Krispy Treats

IMG_0560
An oldie, but a goodie!  I was jonesin for this childhood treat and decided to whip some up.  They are super quick and easy, and taste delightful.  I thought I'd share my tasty pregnancy belly craving with you all this week.

IMG_0555
The Recipe:
3 Tsp of unsalted butter or margarine
1 bag of large marshmallows
6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal

Instructions:
Melt butter/margarine for about 30 seconds in microwave.  Add bag of marshmallows to melted butter and toss to coat.  Put butter tossed marshmallows in microwave and heat for roughly 1 min 30 secs.  Take melted marshmallows out of microwave and immediately rice krispy cereal.  Stir until the cereal is well incorporated and coated with melted marshmallows.  Once mixed, out mixture in a lightly sprayed pan.  Let cool sit up, you can let them sit on the counter and cool and sit up at room temp or put them in the frig (like I did) if you want to serve them sooner.  Recipe makes 12-16 squares, depending on how big you cut them.  The will take up an entire 9x13 pan.

IMG_0561
Yep, that's all you need, just three ingredients.  You can switch these up and get fancy, making them chocolate, caramel, or whatever flavor your heart desires.  They can even be decorated and frosted with or drizzled with icing.


Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

More the Merrier MondayTime to Sparkle TuesdayMom On Timeout
Photobucket

 

1 comment :

  1. I love a good, soft & chewy rice krispie treat! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #18!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.