Thursday, August 8, 2013

Baby This Week | 30 Weeks


30 Weeks Pregnant

Folks we are officially in the 30s!  The 8th month is right around the corner and I have roughly anywhere between 7-10 weeks left until baby is here!
The Facts - Baby is measuring close to 15 1/2 inches long and weighs about 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. He or she now almost fills up my entire uterine cavity, and baby’s arms and legs have grown much plumper, thanks to the continued growth of subcutaneous fat!  By 30 weeks, little one’s eyelids open and close. However, he or she will keep his eyes closed for most of the day though. When baby’s eyes are open, they will be able to track light inside of my womb, though baby’s vision isn’t “perfect” or 20/20. Lanugo, or fine hair that once covered little one’s body, will start falling off this week.  In the coming weeks, the volume of amniotic fluid in my belly will decrease as your baby continues to gain weight and take up more space.  Baby’s brain continues to develop at a rapid pace this week as well.  Another interesting fact: baby’s grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.
Baby - I can tell little one is running out of room.  I feel this kid from right under my boobs to way down low and all in my ribs, even going around to my back.  The movements this week, while stronger, have changed since last week.  I feel really strong kicks, but they appear to be slightly more infrequent than last week.  This week its more all over movement and rolls.  This kid is getting settled in and I'm pretty sure is head down.  The stronger movements are definitely higher up, and lighter movements down low, but definitely still noticeable.  Baby is more active at night as well lately and early in the morning.  This is different from previous weeks when baby tended to be more active only when I was hungry or in the evenings.  Little one seems to like salty foods versus sweets, which is so funny since I have such a big sweet tooth.  Baby seems to respond to savory dishes, rather than sweet ones.  I'm okay with that, hopefully this kid won't get my picky appetite.  Little one is still very interactive, so if I poke or mash my belly he or she will usually jab or kick back.   The same thing happens if I lay on my side, baby will start jucking and jiving in there.  It's so cute!
Me - I really think my appetite is picking up this week.  I feel like I have been all day every day this week.  Unfortunately the portions are still child-size, but at least I'm feeling inclined to eat more instead of having to make myself.  Sleepiness is in full effect for sure, which is why I think I have started to eat more.  The more I eat, the less sleepy I feel and I'd rather stuff my face than feel sleepy.  I am really liking Reese's Peanut Buttercups this week.  I didn't know those bad boys had 5g of protein in them!  I did know that they are one of the most fattening candy bars out there.  I haven’t been into candy very much at all while pregnant, and I'm really only eating like one a day so far.  I'm not concerned, just surprised that my affinity for candy has returned all of a sudden.  Weight is up 1 lb from last week, so that puts me at 140 lbs pushing 141 lbs. I have gained slowly, but surely and I'm very happy with that.  Still no sign of stretch marks, thank goodness!  However, my belly is itchy again this week, so I have been slathering on the moisturizers.  Hair, skin, and nails are looking good...not major or drastic changes. No signs or swelling and I'm still wearing my rings and such. 
Pregnancy Week 30Hubs -  As usual Hubs likes to talk to the baby and provoke it by shaking my belly (lightly).  However, baby is starting to fight back at the most funniest times like bedtime.  One night baby was literally kickboxing on hubs' back.  The other night I turned over and was the little spoon and Hubs put his hand on my belly and the baby was going wild in there.  I love that he can feel the baby and interact with it.  Its so nice to see him bonding with our child already. 
The excites builds!  See ya back next week for 31 weeks – eekk! 8 months pregnant, can’t believe it, but I love it!
Happy bumping!
xxoo,
Tenns Sig

4 comments :

  1. So exciting! Pretty soon baby will be using your bladder as a pillow :)
    Re:Reese's. If you crave that peanut butter chocolate, you could spread Nutella and peanut butter on, well pretty much ANYTHING! It's great on bread, rice cakes, apples, bananas, you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I feel like baby is using my bladder as a pillow already, lol! I think I'm literally up to the restroom every 15-20 min. I'm not a huge fan of Nutella or peanut butter (usually), but I tell you...those Reese's are good! Thanks for the suggestions however! :-)

      Delete
  2. Not convinced any relation between what mum eats and baby's tastes despite what they say - I am a fish eating veggie and have bred the biggest carnivore ever who devours massive steaks but won't touch a single veggie :-)

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Friday Baby Shower - Alice @ Mums Make Lists xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, who knows! I do know that my mom had a big sweet tooth when she was pregnant with me and I was definitely born with one. I'm interested to see what this kid likes better once it arrives, sweet or savory. Oh we shall see!

      ~Tenns

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.