Thursday, August 1, 2013

Baby This Week | 29 Weeks

http://www.jrorganicsfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/acorn-squash.jpg 

29 weeks

What in the world is an acorn squash?  I don’t know either, but apparently baby is the size of it this week!

The facts - Baby is about two and a half pounds and about 15-17" inches tall.  The adrenal glands are producing a chemical which will be made into estriol (a form of estrogen) by the placenta. This estriol is thought to stimulate the production of prolactin by the body, and the prolactin makes you produce milk.  This means if baby comes early, I'll still be able to breastfeed.

Baby's brain can detect rhythmic breathing and control body temperature, so he or she is less likely to need breathing assistance should they be born early. Little one is growing eyelashes, adding fat, and developing his or her brain. Because of brain wave activity, researchers have speculated that babies can even dream at this time! This week baby's head is in proportion with the rest of its body.  Even more so, baby's eyes can move in the sockets, and the muscles and lungs continue to mature. Bone marrow is now producing red blood cells, and fat continues to develop under baby's skin. Baby may even begin to settle into the proper birthing position, however, there is still plenty of time (and some room) for them to turn and flip.  Doctor's typically don't start being concerned with this until about 34-36 weeks.


Pregnancy Week 29
Baby – Holy moly this baby is strong!  Strong and all over the place I tell you!  It literally feels like I have a large human inside of me trying to break out sometimes…what a minute, that’s exactly what’s happening.  Well, I  don’t know about the break out part, but this kid is getting bigger by the day.  I can feel noticeable body parts, although I can’t differentiate what they are yet when baby moves.  Lately, I have been feeling something really hard hanging out nearly my ribs, I’m assuming its feet or legs.  Baby is active about 75-80% of the time

Me - I am so behind the ball this week!  I have had a pretty emotional week, but I don't know if I can attribute it to pregnancy or not.  I'm leaning more towards not, because I just have a lot of external things going on that have me a little stressed right now.  Okay, now to get back on topic.  I have been exhausted, sleepy, unmotivated, and lazy...just being honest.  This baby is starting to pull from me like it did in the first trimester.  I'm also feeling a lot heavier and sleep is more and more uncomfortable and restless.  I can feel all the movements stronger, which gives me so much reassurance.  I still worry and put a lot of pressure on myself, but I'm trying to keep a balance.  I have totally fallen off my protein routine, so I plan to get back on that next week.  I have gotten completely bored with eating breakfast, or eating at all for that matter.  It's to the point where I pretty much hate eating.  I have to eat when I'm not hungry and when I do I can't even eat much, which stresses me out.  I do my best to snack and whatnot, but sometimes I still don't feel like I'm getting enough.  Even more so, when I see my weight at a standstill for two weeks it's frustrating.  I really feel like I'm just breaking down emotionally and just need a break from the routine and monotony.  My second shower is next weekend and I'm excited about it, but I'm also excited to just have some time off and away from the norm.  My belly hasn't been as itchy this week, which is a nice break, but I kind like it itchy, because it lets me know its growing.  Speaking of my belly, I'm pretty sure I'm pushing 35", although in the morning its always smaller. It's so weird, sometimes I feel like my bump is big and other times I feel like its small.  Nonetheless, I know there's a baby growing in there, so that's all that matters.  I still can't really tell what position baby is in, but I am feeling movements in different areas than previous weeks.  I'm pretty sure baby changed positions, but to what and where, I couldn't tell you.  I know there is still plenty of time for baby to flip into any position, so I'm not too overly concerned.  Each passing week brings more and more anticipation for this little guy or girl to get here.  I'm really getting stoked to get this kid here, but not for 10ish more weeks!

Hubs - Not much really going on this week.  He is mainly eager like I am for baby to get here.  We are still working out everything job and moving wise, but things are looking up.  We are simply just in a period of transition and I know we will soon have more certainty.  Hubs is interacting more with the baby, and usually gets nudged back by it with he pokes and prods at it.  He is still keeping me moisturized and sends me to bed at night when I try to stay up too late.  I say we both keep each other on track.  As much alike as we were, we are completely different.  In part because he has that Y chromosome that makes him do stuff that just doesn't make sense to me at times, but I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about me sometimes.

It's 30 weeks next week folks!  Less than 3 months left and so exciting!  Until then...I'll see ya 'round.

Happy bumping!

xxoo,

post signature

11 comments :

  1. ahhh 29 weeks! You're doing great! It's so cute that the baby kicks back to your husband! I found you through the Weekend Blog Block Party and you are going to be my blog crush for this week! Just wanted to let you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks! Thanks so much, I really appreciate your warm words. I laugh everytime he provokes the baby and gets jabbed back it, its so funny and cute. Gives me a little bit of an idea of baby's personality already. I never been crushed on before, lol, I feel honored! ;-)

      Thank so much again for stopping by. You have a super cute blog btw, following you on Bloglovin.

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite things was watching my hubby interact with our baby while I was pregnant! Congrats and good luck in the next 10 weeks or so!

    Elise @ Harvey Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really is sweet when he interacts with the baby. I try to involve him in everything as much as possible, so I really enjoy seeing him connect with the baby. I know it can be difficult for guys to feel like they are actually part of the pregnancy, so this is one way I know he does.

      :-)

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEK! How exciting! Pregnancy is such a beautiful thing. Found you through the Mommy moments blog hop and I'm your newest follower.. I look forward to following along! XOXO Heather- http://weareadifferentkindofwoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by! I'll be sure to check out your blog as well.

      I tell you, I couldn't be more excited. Just crossing the days off the calendar as this point, and its going by so fast!

      Thanks again!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  5. Hi!

    I just found your blog today from the myjoyfilledlife.com linkup and I'm so pleased I did! Looks like I'm about 1 1/2 weeks behind you pregnancy wise, so needless to say I'll be hopping on over to take a look at your posts more often than not (always nice to feel like what you're experiencing is still normal, even when it feels anything but - a daily occurrence nowadays!)

    Please feel free to swing by and check out my own pregnancy musings too, at www.theblossomingbump.com

    Have a great day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always so excited to connect with other soon-to-be mamas! Congrats on your expectant bundle of joy, what an exciting time, right?! You couldn't be more right when it comes to being reassured when you know someone is going through the same thing your going through. I also agree that pregnancy feels like anything but normal! Its like nothing you can ever imagine with out actually experiencing it. Its such a blessing though and I'm so thankful to God for blessing me to experience it.

      I've popped over to your blog as well, very cute! I look forward to following you through the rest of your pregnancy journey.

      Sending positive preggo vibes!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  6. Sorry things proving hard - is so difficult handling pregnancy and other pressures at the same time. So glad to hear that Hubs is packing you off to bed early - quite right too :-)

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Friday Baby Shower,

    Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I just had a lot going that week. 30 weeks has been much better, lol, thank goodness! He's really good about making me get my rest, even though I'm stubborn at times.

      I'll definitely be linking up again in the future!

      ~Tenns

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.