Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dinner Tonight ~ What We Ate | Creamy Whisked Red Potatoes Recipe

Creamy Whisked Red Potatoes | NewMamaDiaries.blogspot.com
I decided to do a “What We Ate” post.  We haven’t cooked in a while, due to being out of town, so it was nice to have a cooked meal finally.  I was the brains behind this operation, and Hubs was the brawn. – meaning I thought up what we were having and he cooked it, lol!  The featured recipe is actually Hubs’ spin on creamy red potatoes, and I must give credit where its due and let you all know that the recipe is courtesy of him.

What We Ate
Crab legs – frozen
Kale – frozen
Red Potatoes – fresh
IMG_1027
IMG_1029
The Recipe:
Garlic powder
Indian black pepper
Milk
Sea Salt
Butter – Olive Oil & Sea Salt flavored
IMG_1028
How He Did It:
Boil whole red potatoes for roughly 15-20 minutes.  Loosely skin the potatoes, leaving random skin here and there on potatoes.  Mash potatoes into a chunky mix, add in milk and whisk.  Once potatoes and milk are combined, add in remaining ingredients and whisk until creamy and your done. – Its just that easy! 
IMG_1031
Our lovely meal was so delicious!  I love crab legs and even though I prefer fresh, these did the job for a quick dinner idea.  As far as the kale, I like it both fresh and frozen, and its so healthy!
Lesson of the day:  Don’t sleep on frozen foods, they can be just as good as fresh and are extremely convenient.  You can always add a fresh side if you have the time, and if not, that’s okay too!
Happy bumping!
xxoo,
Tenns Sig

7 comments :

  1. This is making me so hungry! Looks great! I found your blog on the linkup!

    Elba @ I Heart E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! They were so delicious btw!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  2. Yum! I would never had thought of creamy red potatoes! Thanks for sharing your smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good! I can't wait to whip these up again. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  3. Oh yum! Your dinner looks awesome! I will definitely have to try the mash potato recipe! Thanks for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!

    Katie @ The Casual Craftlete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Dinner was good, and the potatoes just topped it off. I hope you enjoy the potatoes when/if you decide to make them.

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  4. Red mashed potatoes are my favorite! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #26.

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.