Saturday, August 17, 2013

Baby This Week | 31 Weeks

Man oh man, with every week that passes it feels more and more real, yet still surreal.  We are at week 31, yep 8 months...its official we are rounding out the last two months.  Beats me why they say pregnancy is 9 months when it's really 10.  I guess they don't want women to feel like they are pregnant even longer than it already seems they are.
The Facts - Baby is now the size of a pineapple or basically a large (but tiny) human taking over my abdomen region.  Thank goodness the baby has smooth skin and no spiky top like a pineapple.  Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (He won't pick up anything from his nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)  Baby weighs about 2.5-3.8 lbs...yep those pounds are packing on. Baby is  about fourteen to sixteen inches tall, so he or she will get a little more taller, but not much.  Most babies average between 19-22” at birth. He or she going through major brain and nerve development. Baby’s eyes are continuing to development, with his or her irises now reacting to light! Also, all five of his or her senses are in working order. – How exciting!
Pregnancy Week 31
Baby – This little guy or gal is strong and very active.  Again this week, I am feeling baby all over the place in my belly.  I can tell baby is really getting big because, of the movements.  I also know that because my belly is growing again, because it has been extremely itchy and is protruding even more at the top.  I still can’t tale what position baby is in, plus baby moves so much I wouldn’t even be able to keep up. Baby has a pretty funny personality, and even dances to music.
Me – I’ve actually been feeling pretty good.  The belly is a bit heavier and achy, but that’s to be expected.  My belly is measuring around 35” and I’ve been at about the same weight as I was last weight.  I can attribute that to travelling and being on the move so much.  Hydrating has been a little more challenging this week.  I have been having a hard time staying discipline with my water intake.  I’m either not drinking as much as I usually do or I’m drinking other stuff in place of it.  I did notice I was having more Braxton Hicks contractions this week.  I typically have them when I have to use the restroom or get up too fast from sitting down.  They don’t hurt, but can be a bit uncomfortable, because my belly gets so hard.  Fortunately, they only last for a few seconds.  Rings are still on, and no swelling thank goodness!  Shaving however, has become an all time task, but I’m still attempting to do it. I have my 32 week appointment coming up next week, so I’ll be updating more after it.
Hubs – Well we kept him busy this week with all the travel, but he is good as usual.  The baby really knows when he’s around and especially his voice. When he gets close and talks to the baby, the baby as usual kicks back.  Hubs has gotten to see so much movement lately, and times just shakes his head.  Sometimes when my belly shakes or moves crazy, it really looks like an alien trying to break out, so I don’t blame him.  Hubs also likes to poke my belly button, because it sticks completely out and looks exactly like a doorbell.  I had such a deep innie, that it is very weird for it to stick out like it does.  Hubs tells me all the time he can’t wait until baby gets here.  We are both getting really anxious for baby to get here and are counting the weeks down.  Hubs told me the other day that he had a dream that baby was a girl.  He’s had dreams before, but have never really been able to tell.  I’ve had dreams that the baby has been a boy at times and other times I’ve had dreams its been a girl.  We shall see on the big day!

Until next week folks!

Happy bumping!

xxoo,
post signature

6 comments :

  1. Congrats to you both!! Thanks so much for linking up the tattler Thursday blog hop. (ImNoHumdrum-mum)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :-)

      I'll definitely be linking up again in the future!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  2. I laughed at the doorbell belly button description. I remember that happening. :)

    How fun that you're waiting to see if it's a boy or girl!! I didn't know with the first two.

    The sense of smell fact was interesting!

    I liked reading your post today. :) Thank you for linking up to Super Sunday Sync!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I have to admit I find it quite funny myself! We are super excited with every approaching day. Boy or girl, we just want a healthy baby. It is fun to daydream about life with both however, so it makes it that much more exciting.

      Thanks so much for stopping by and reading! :-)

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the little one! We are about 29 weeks over here...exciting, but the countdown is now on :)

    Rachael @ http://www.parentingandhomeschoolinginfaith.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Wow, how excited you must be, I know I am! Your right, countdown is on now and we are in the home stretch. Our little one's will be here before we know it!

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.