Saturday, July 27, 2013

28 Week Appointment Update

28 Week Appt Update

This past Monday, I had my 28 week appointment. I must say it went much better than my 24 week one.  No issues with weight gain or anything like that, so that was definitely a plus.  I had all the standard stuff checked out, plus the 1 hour glucose test.  Basically, I drank the drink at the beginning of my appointment, got checked out by my PA, scheduled my next appt, then waited about 30 mins to go down to the lab to have my blood drawn.

Alright, so here's the rundown on my appointment:

Weight:  141 - according to their scale w/ clothes on.  I'm about 139ish on my scale at home with no clothes on.  This means I'm up about 4 lbs from my last appt, because I apparently only weighed in at 137 at my 24 week appointment.  I'm supposed to put on an lb a week, so again, all is well with that.

Blood Pressure:  108/60, its usually 100/60 so nothing out of the ordinary.  I had also just eaten my two eggs that I was supposed to eat about 30 mins before I had my BP tested.

Fundal Height: 29 cm, I was 27w6d at the time so I was measuring really good.  Yay for baby growing good!   Good baby grow!

Baby's heartbeat: 141.  Nice & strong.  Its been in the 140s lately, I take it that it will stay around there. SD:  Baby was so active that the PA had to chase the baby around to find the heartbeat, on top of the baby kicking and jabbing at the Doppler.

1 hr Glucose test:  Short and sweet...I had the fruit punch flavor, it was chilled and good and I didn't mind it at all!  Its been 4 days and my PA said she would call me the same day if ym results came back abnormal, no new is good news!  Yay for passing!

Other stuff:  We talked about taking the Dtap vaccine, but I decided to wait until my next appointment, since I was already having blood drawn.  PA asked me about birth classes, which I'm already signed up for next month.  I confirmed where I will deliever, as long as I'm in Va at the time, so reassurance with that!  Hubs & I would would kind of like to know where to go when baby decides it times to come.  My appointments will remain at being every 4 weeks until my next appt, so I'll have an appointment at 32 weeks and then they will start being every 2 weeks.  That's actually good news, because the less they need to see you, the better.  I asked my PA if baby was head down since she found the heartbeat low, and she said it probably was but that they aren't concerned with the baby's position until 36 weeks.  Reason being is that baby still has plenty of room to flip and move around until about that time.  Some baby's even flip even while mom is laboring, so you never really know until its time for the baby to actually come. 

That's pretty much the gist of everything that happened at my appointment.  I'll be updating you all gain at 32 weeks.  I can't believe I'll be in the single digits the next time I update, that's wild!

Happy bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns Sig

4 comments :

  1. Hi there. I am a new follower from the Sunday Blog Hop. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know how exciting that time is. I look forward to reading back through your blog. I blog over at www.southernnewlywed22.blogspot.com so feel free to stop by and say hello soon! Have a blessed weekend!
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sydney! Thanks so much for stopping by! Thank you on your sweet thoughts about my pregnancy. It is a very exciting time and I'm down to the home stretch. Its so nice to see that people are interested and care, it really means so much to me! I'm following you on Bloglovin and look forward to reading more your blog as well. You have a very heartfelt story and I can tell you are a strong woman!

      I wish you many blessing! Have a wonderful weekend as well.

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  2. Hooray/Congrats on the little one on the way! How brave of you to put your weight! :) Glad everything is going so well for you. Don't worry, around this time, I was exhausted all the time too. Prop your feet up, and enjoy that sweet baby in your belly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My husband and I are so excited! To be honest I've never been too concerned about my weight, but since my PA has made such a big deal about me gaining that I have focused more on it now. Its just one of those parts of pregnancy and I try to be as open as possible with readers. Good to know I'm not experiencing anything out of the ordinary with my exhaustion (and nesting), lol! You always hear about it, but rally don't know how it feels until you hit the third trimester.

      I'm totally keeping my feet prop up and laughing at all the little wiggles and jiggles baby makes in my belly.

      Thanks so much for your sweets comments!

      ~Tenns

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.