Yep, I’m back with another delicious recipe! Chocolate chip cookies are my absolutely favorite cookies in the world. There is no other cookie like it, that matches up to it, that IS IT!
I've made these cookies going on 4-5 years now. The one big difference in my cookies rather than traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes is that I use shortening and a bit more vanilla than most recipes call for.
So, without further ado:
- 3/4 cup of Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 – 1 1/2(6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- DRIZZLE: Melt 1 cup semi-sweet or white chocolate pieces with 1 teaspoon shortening over very low heat. Stir well. If too thick to drizzle, add 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon more shortening to thin. Drizzle from end of spoon back and forth over cookie. Sprinkle with nuts before chocolate hardens. To harden chocolate quickly, place in refrigerator for a few minutes.
- DIP: Spoon melted chocolate into custard cup. Dip one end of cooled cookie halfway up in chocolate. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts before chocolate hardens, or drizzle with contrasting white or dark chocolate. Place on wax paper.
These can be made into bars or large rounds, so get as creative as you want with them.
Give them a go, I can assure you that they won’t disappoint!