Monday, July 8, 2013

Pregnancy Belly | Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies NewMamaDiaries.blogspot.com
Yep, I’m back with another delicious recipe!  Chocolate chip cookies are my absolutely favorite cookies in the world.  There is no other cookie like it, that matches up to it, that IS IT!
image
I've made these cookies going on 4-5 years now.  The one big difference in my cookies rather than traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes is that I use shortening and a bit more vanilla than most recipes call for.
image
image
So, without further ado:
  • 3/4 cup of Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 – 1 1/2(6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
*The main recipe is adapted from Crisco’s recipe for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies, but like I said I add a little extra of my fave ingredients like vanilla and chocolate chips.
Directions
  1. HEAT oven to 375ºF.
  2. COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  3. DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
  4. BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
*BONUS* CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE OR DIP
  1. DRIZZLE: Melt 1 cup semi-sweet or white chocolate pieces with 1 teaspoon shortening over very low heat. Stir well. If too thick to drizzle, add 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon more shortening to thin. Drizzle from end of spoon back and forth over cookie. Sprinkle with nuts before chocolate hardens. To harden chocolate quickly, place in refrigerator for a few minutes.
  2. DIP: Spoon melted chocolate into custard cup. Dip one end of cooled cookie halfway up in chocolate. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts before chocolate hardens, or drizzle with contrasting white or dark chocolate. Place on wax paper.
image
As you can see this recipe does not call for any white granulated sugar which is a little different from most recipes I’ve come across.  I find that without the granulated sugar, the result is a chewy, moist, and dense cookie.

These can be made into bars or large rounds, so get as creative as you want with them.

Give them a go, I can assure you that they won’t disappoint!

Happy bumping!

xxoo,
Tenns

15 comments :

  1. These look so delicious! Thank you so much for linking up to Frugal Crafty Home! I hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I look forward to linking up again next week!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Chocolate chips are my favorite! These look tasty, really tasty. I like the tip about not using granulated sugar. Always looking for moist and tasty.

    Sharon
    http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my fave too! I will tell you, I find this recipe the best. I've come across many chocolate chip cookie recipes with granulated sugar and they cookies just don't turn out as well. It seems to weigh them down and make them flat, and too sweet. I like chewy and moist cookies, so this is just the recipe for that.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the recipe! This looks yummy!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! The recipe really makes some yummy cookies! If you do decide to make them, enjoy they're yummy!

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-24/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll definitely be joining in and linking up. Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  5. I agree, chocolate chip cookies are the best! ;) Thanks so much for sharing on Project Inspire{d} Pinning!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absolutely welcome! Look forward to linking up again next week!

      Delete
  6. I have been looking for a chewy chocolate chip cookie! This is so fantastic thank you!!

    I'm co-host at Pin It Tuesday, just wanted to drop by and say I hope I see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be blind! I can't find the button to pin this post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added one to the post. Apologies that it wasn't there before! I have a button in my sidebar as well. :-)

      Delete
  8. Looks like a great cookie! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #21!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.