Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Baby This Week | 25 Weeks

Baby is the size of a cauliflower this week, yep that's right a whole cauliflower!  That means that he or she measures about 13.6 to 14.8 in and weighs about 1.5 to 2.2 lb.  Baby is packing on some serious weight since last week.  Over the next few weeks, baby will continue to grow in mass, developing muscle and acquiring more fat.  During this week the nervous system is rapidly developing and baby even has a sense of equilibrium.  Does that mean that baby can get dizzy?  Maybe he or she doesn't, since there's no gravity in there.  He or she does know which way is up or down at this point.  Another cool thing is that baby is growing hair, everywhere that is.  Make me wonder how much hair this little one with be born with.  I don't ever have heartburn, but who knows!  Baby's hands are fully developed by this week, fingerprints and all! Also, the structure of the spine is beginning to form (33 rings, 150 joints, and 1000 ligaments)!  It's all so amazing!
 
Baby - Just like the previous recent weeks, baby is extremely active, like all the time!  Even though they say that at this point babies sleep 80-90% of the time, it doesn't seem like this little one does.  Kick, jabs, and movements overall have gotten stronger.  It seemed like last week I felt movement pretty high up, but the past few days I've felt it down low.  This probably means that baby flipped, which he or she will continue to do until about 36ish weeks, when they start running out of room.  At night this kid likes to poke me in the ribs and during the day it likes to play with my bellybutton. Its so funny and cute!
 
Me - Not much so far, which is good!  Sleeping is becoming increasingly more uncomfortable and I'm still getting up at least once a night to tinkle.  My belly has really started to protrude and get heavier.  If I'm laying down, it takes me longer to get up or roll over to get up.  I can still run up stairs and walk pretty fast, but I have to slow it down a lot more than I used.  I do have a renewed sense of energy this week, so I have been taking advantage and getting things done around the house.  Still have my rings on, no swelling, heartburn, Braxton Hicks, or any other pre-term labor symptoms.  Outside of the normal discomfort, I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm picked up about 2 lbs in the last week and my belly is now 33" around. I have my first baby shower this weekend and I'm totally ready for the holiday to get here!  I'll be updating you all on how that went next week!
 
Hubs - He's been busy working, but takes time out to talk to the baby most every day.  Hubs keeps me grounded and makes me feel less insecure about my changing body.  We have been talking and planning even more for baby's arrival.  We still have a lot to accomplish before October, yikes!
 
Well folks, until next time!

Happy bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

2 comments :

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster award :)

    Here's the link:

    http://3monkeysmommy.blogspot.ca/2013/07/the-liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I feel so honored to have been nominated and recognized! This is so exciting. Thanks again! :-)

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.