Thursday, July 25, 2013

How I Organized My Baby Shower Gifts

Baby Shower Gifts Organization ~ NewMamaDiaries.blogspot.com
Going off of my previous baby shower post, I promised I would do a post on organizing baby shower gifts.

Getting a plethora of gifts, especially for a baby that isn't even here yet, can be overwhelming.  I know it was for me!  As I mentioned in my previous post, we drove back with a car full of gifts, which I was pleasantly surprised we managed to even fit most everything into the car.  Upon arriving back home, Hubs unloaded everything, but didn't exactly organize when he brought it into the house.  I didn't expect him too, but I also didn't expect him to dump everything on our living room floor.  To be fair it was midnight when we got home, and after the long drive and traffic, I'm just glad he brought everything in.  I'm one of those people that has to unpack as soon a they return from a trip.  I unpack all my clothes, throw them in hamper, set all my toiletries back up, and put away anything else that I bring back with me from a trip.  Now at 12 o'clock at night I wasn't going to do all this with the presents.  However, the next day its got done and it got done fast.  Hubs & I could possibly be moving before baby gets here, so right now we have forgoed a setting up the nursery.  This means that right now, everything has to stay downstairs until we get word of if we need to move.  I saw no reason to lug everything upstairs if we have to end up packing it up anyways.  Even more reason why I needed to have everything organized and put off into a corner. 

The first thing I did was take everything out of the bags and wrapping that was in one. I needed to get a good idea of everything we got, so leaving stuff in bags was a no-go.  I picked a designated spot in my living room, and began to stack all the packaged items, like diapers and such up against the wall.  We received lots of diapers and wipes, so these were easy to put away.  Next I put all other gifts around this, so it would serve as a platform for smaller or fragile things.  As I stacked everything, I was able to record exactly what we got, so I'd have an idea of what we still needed.  I recommend this tip for anyone in my position.  Don't just bring everything home and not keep track of what you got.  Its important to do this, not only for you, but for the purpose of updating your registry(ies).  It helps me to have everything right out in the open, so that when I'm thinking about what we still need to get baby, I can look right at it.


Before
After

So, as you can see there is light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to getting organized.  I pride myself in my organization skills, and I'll definitely be doing more posts on organization.  Just remember practice makes perfect, organization requires maintenance and diligence.  Take it step-by-step and one day at a time.

Hope this is helpful to you all!

Happy bumping!

xxoo,
Tenns Sig

2 comments :

  1. I love how you organized your baby gifts! I'm in the midst of planning a wedding and a move, so I totally understand the chaos of it all! 'I'm your newest follower via "A lovely blog hop!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I totally understand, moving while fun can be a real pain and overwhelming. Wow, I can't imagine trying to plan a wedding in the midst of it! One day at a time is all the advice I can give on that one. Good luck and I know you must be so excited!

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.