Sunday, July 28, 2013

Strawberry Infused Sweet Tea~Lemonade Popsicles

Strawberry Infused Sweet Tea~Lemonade Popsicles | NewMamaDiaries.blogspot.com
I had the wise idea to whip up some popsicles, since I had been jonesin to use my new molds.  I figured, “what creative twist can I make on the ol’ fruit infused popsicle?”. 
Well, I am here to tell you that since I had just made some sweet tea and had some Country Time Lemonade on hand, I decided to combined the two and throw in some strawberries and voila!  Out came these fun and unique popsicles.  They are somewhat of a fun, mature summer time treat.  The recipe is super minimalist, only requiring the three ingredients and popsicle mold.  IMG_0803
IMG_0805IMG_0806
What I used:
Sweet Tea – you can visit this post for my recipe on how to make sweet tea
1 scoop of Country Time Lemonade
4 strawberries
How I did it:
The mold I used makes 6 popsicles, so I only needed about 1 cup of sweet tea.  I combined the sweet tea and 1 scoop of Country Time lemonade in a measuring cup.
IMG_0809
I diced the four strawberries and dropped equals amounts of them into the molds. 
IMG_0807
IMG_0810
IMG_0811
I poured the sweet tea-lemonade mixture into the mold, put the tops on them and froze them until solid. 
IMG_0813
IMG_0816
*Prior to removing the popsicle from the mold, run the mold under the water so that the popsicle will release from the mold smoothly and the holder coming out of the bottom of the popsicle.
IMG_0817
You can make these with unsweetened tea and fresh lemonade if you want to get fancy, I just used what I like and had on hand.  Another take on these would be to add mint for a refreshing feel to the popsicles.
I had a little bit of sweet tea~lemonade left over, so I enjoyed a lovely glass of it while waiting for my popsicles to set up.
IMG_0819
The finished product!
Strawberry Infused Sweet Tea~Lemonade Popsicles | NewMamaDiaries.blogspot.com

Happy bumping!

xxoo,
Tenns Sig

24 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunday Blog. Following you on pinterst :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Look forwarding to linking up again in the future!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  2. Cute idea! I love 1/2 & 1/2 tea. Strawberries sound like a great add - best of all worlds! I need to get myself a popsicle maker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It really is! I really enjoyed them and the popsicle mold were super cheap from Wal-Mart. They were about $3.

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  3. These look and sound delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Project Inspire{d} ~ pinning!

    Hugs,
    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! I ate my last two yesterday.

      I look forward to linking up again in the future!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  4. These are great and simply perfect for summer time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They were so easy to whip up too! If you try them out, I hope you enjoy them.

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  5. My daughter would love these! I'm going to try them. Thanks for linking them up at the Get Inspired Hop today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absolutely welcome! I hope she likes them if you do end up trying them out!

      Look forward to linking up again in the future!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  6. I really love tea and lemonade. And lemonade and strawberries. These sound great! Thanks for linking up to the Get Inspired Weekend Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I look forward to linking up again in the future. If you do try them out, I'm hope you enjoy them!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for joining us at Monday Funday! Today YOU were featured! Stop by and grab a button! xoxo - Cheryl

    http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/2013/12-frozen-desserts/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, thanks so much for featuring me! How awesome is that! I have headed over to grab a button and link at this week's party.

      Thanks again! :-)

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great combo! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #24!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absolutely welcome! As always, look forward to linking up again next week!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  9. I like these Popsicles a lot. I like the popsicle forms also. Very cool and sturdy looking. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/08/what-to-do-weekends-31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda, they were really good! The popsicle forms were actually very good quality for a quick $3 Wal-mart find. They were literally on the end-cap of an aisle and I decided to give them a go.

      Delete
  10. What a fantastic idea and so refreshing on a hot day. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures. This will be a feature this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very for featuring me! How exciting! I'm so happy you liked my idea.

      Look forward to linking up again this week!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  11. I bet these taste so yummy! Thanks for linking up to The Weekend re-Treat Link Party on The Best Blog Recipes!

    Wanted to stop by and Pin your post to my Link Party Recipes/Crafts board while I was here tonight!

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shauna, thanks so much! I look forward to linking up again in future! :-)

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  12. You can't go wrong with strawberries and sweet tea! I may have to try this one day. I bet my daughter would love one of these popsicles! Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't! Its a great combo. They are super kid friendly, so I hope she like them if you do end up trying them out.

      Look forward to linking up again in the future~

      ~Tenns

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.