Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Baby This Week | 28 Weeks

28 Weeks Pregnant

Oh my goodness, here we are again!  Another week of pregnancy completed.  I can't believe little one will be here in just 12 short weeks! 

At this point baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds about the size of a large eggplant and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. He or she can blink their eyes, which now sport lashes. With eyesight developing, baby may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. Little one is also developing billions of neurons in their brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.  The hair on baby's head continues to grow. Muscle tone in little squirt's body steadily develops, and even though baby's lungs are now capable of breathing air, it would be difficult for him if they were born now.
Baby, fetus at 28 weeks - BabyCenter
Baby - Can we say super duper active this week!  I mean, I know I say this every week, but this little guy orgirl is getting stronger by the day.  Its the craziest thing, because I thought I had a pretty laid back little squirt in there, but nope!  To my pleasant surprise this baby is hyper like me, and a night owl too.  I'm really starting to think this baby doesn't sleep.  I can feel him or her all the time, and everywhere, up high, down low...all over the place.  I love it though and it is so reassuring, given the fact that I have no way of knowing what's going in on there outside of what baby tells me from the inside out.  Like me, this kid likes to eat and it the most active when its time to eat.  After eating, baby calms down a little, but a few hours later its back up and going.  I'm also starting to see baby's personality which is really funny.  I simply just look at my belly and laugh sometimes when I see the movement, because I seriously wonder what baby is really doing in there.
Me -  I have been good, good and tired lately.  Well more like sleepy in the afternoons.  I have been napping most days or dozing off.  Its like return of the first trimester tiredness.  Fortunately, its not that bad and I'm still able to function.  My belly as always is itchy, but that just means I'm applying more Palmer's to it.  No stretch marks yet, yay!  I'm still growing gradually so, I'm hoping that will be my saving grace.  My belly was measuring 34" last I checked and I'm up to 139-140 lbs, which makes my overall gain about 14-16 lbs.  With 12 weeks to go, I should gain no more than 30 lbs, so I'm happy with that.  I'm also still not having any signs of preterm labor, thank God! I do think I've been having some Braxton Hicks lately.  They mostly happen when I need to tinkle, so I try not to get into a tight.  It also helps the more active and mobile I am.  If I'm sitting or lying down for a long time I tend to feel the tightness.  Speaking of sitting down, I notice when I'm at work, sitting in my office chair for long periods of time makes my hips hurt.  I'm not sure if it bad ergonomics or what, but it gets really uncomfortable.  Overall, things are pretty uneventful, and I hope it stays that way.
Hubs - We celebrated his birthday yesterday by going for Cold Stone Creamery.  He had chocolate topped with strawberries (fancy I know, right?!).  It was nice to spend the day together and he was able to spend sometime harassing the baby too, lol!  He like to wiggle and poke my belly to make the baby move.  Most times the baby kicks him back.  He has even gotten kicked in the face by the baby, because he will be up close to it talking to the baby and the baby will kick.  Its so funny!  Hubs also told me that the other night whilst I was asleep, he placed his hand on my belly and the baby was moving all kinds of crazy.  I think he thinks its as funny as I do.  We're both getting more and more excited for baby's arrival!  The only thing we need to figure out is where we are going to be living, but that's a whole other conversation for another time.
Until next time...
 
Happy bumping!
 
xxoo,
Tenns Sig

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.