Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Movement!



Feeling movement has to be by far one of the coolest things about pregnancy, at least thus far for me.  I'm not feeling the super strong kicks yet, because baby is still pretty small, but I am feeling those definite flutters. Sometimes is feels like little taps, or pitter-pats, and other times it feels like a rolling sensation.  The rolling sensation feels very similar to your stomach moving around when you digest food or when you're hungry.  The movement feels light, but enough to where you notice it.  As I sit here and type, I can feel what feels like large bubbles low in my stomach.  It makes me wonder what baby is doing in there, turning flips, bouncing off the walls...who knows!  You wait so long to finally feel those movements and when you do, at least for me, I wasn't even sure if what I was feeling was the baby.  After a while, I realized it was the same feeling and so it must be the baby.  Lately, over the past few days baby has been moving a lot.  I know for a fact that baby had a growth spurt, so I'm sure that's why I can feel the movements so much more now.  It is very relieving to feel the movements, even though it does take some getting used to.  It's such a surreal feeling to be pregnant in the first place, much less know I have this little being inside of me rolling around.  The other day I took out my trusty ole Doppler to listen to the baby and as soon as I put the wand on my belly, the baby kicked it really hard.  I took that as baby didn't like the loud Doppler hovering over its home. I know for a fact that baby responds to really loud noises, because it kicked up a storm when hubs and I went to see Iron Man 3. The surround sound in the theater was so intense that it must have been driving the poor kid crazy.  The morning's lately have been probably the most active and it seems like when I eat baby calms down.  I would think it would be the opposite, but hey...this is my kid after all.  I'm really excited for my husband to start feeling the kicks and even more excited for us to start feeling them from the outside.  I also look forward to seeing the elbows, feet, hands, and such poking through my skin when I get further along.  I know I'm in for it sooner or later, but I'm so looking forward to every minute of it!

Happy bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.