Thursday, May 23, 2013

Memorial Day


Memorial Day to many is simply the weekend to mark the beginning of summer. To me, it’s a little more being an active duty member of the Armed Forces. I am also the wife and daughter of Armed Forces veterans. While I couldn't be more excited about the upcoming weekend to have some time off work and enjoy the beach (hopefully!). I wanted to take some time out to not only just remember those who have made those great sacrifices to keep us safe from foreign and domestic threats, but to honor those that currently do as well. For generations men and women have been making these sacrifices and lost lives, limbs, and loved ones in the process. Many have also lost their hearts and mind, not being able to deal with the trauma and stress of combat or even just the day-to-day challenges that come with being a servicemember. So this weekend, while you're at the beach or bbq'ing in your backyard, take a second to think of our veterans and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. 

Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns
  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.