Monday, May 27, 2013

First Birchbox


I’m a little late to the game but I finally signed up for Birchbox.  If you haven’t heard about it, its basically a box of samples your get in the mail monthly.  The samples can range from makeup, haircare, skincare, fragrance and even lifestyle products.  For example in my Birchbox I received a Cargo Water Resistiant Blush, COOLA Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face, Isaac Mizrahi FABULOUS Issac Mizrahi Eau de Parfum, Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive, and Runa Guayusa Tea.  I am excited to try out all of the products, with the exception of the tea since its green tea and that’s not at the top of the list of things to ingest while pregnant.  Its only $10/monthly and I think it’s a fun surprise to get in the mail and a good way to try out different products. 

Many of the products are on the higher-end, so without maybe someone giving you a sample at the makeup or fragrance counter, you wouldn’t have an opportunity to try it out without purchasing it first.  I also decided to purchase the Birchbox subscription, because I figured once baby is born I won’t have any opportunity to get out and about and shop for myself too much.  Baby’s coming in October, so the means the holidays will be right around the corner, which means no shopping for me, but mostly for family and loved ones. 

As I try out each product I’ll more than likely do a post on it, if not once I try out all of them.  Also, the products your receive are based on your profile that you fill out when you sign up for the subscription, so what you get in your box is tailored to you.  If you watch reviews on Youtube or come across other’s posts on their Birchboxes, they may differ from yours.  It took me a sec to figure this out, until I went back and watched Birchbox’s actual video for the May box on Youtube.  I’ll tell you that it was reassuring, because I thought I was missing something. 

Click here to visit the Birchbox website if your interested in learning more about how to obtain a subscription.  I will tell you that I had to wait a few weeks to get my subscription, because there was a waitlist at the time.

Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.