Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Baby This Week | 20 Weeks (& counting…half way there!)

image

Baby is as big a banana this week, can you believe!  We’ve come a long way from a poppyseed at 4 weeks!  20 weeks marks a huge milemarker in pregnancy, it’s the halfway point.  I feel so blessed to have made it here and look forward to another 20 weeks.  Baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces, around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel.  He or she is swallowing more these days, which will be good practice for their digestive system. Baby is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in the bowels, and will in essence be baby’s first poop.

Baby -  Baby has been moving a lot more and the movements have been getting stronger.  I still haven’t witnessed any from the outside, but I definitely feel them from the inside.  Baby usually hangs out on either my left or right side, although I have felt him or her smack under my bellybutton (like just now, lol!).  Again, just like from last week baby seems to move most in the middle of the day and sometimes in the evenings.  Seems like I feel baby most when its time to eat, go figure!  I also feel baby the most when I’m sitting down or slouching.  I feel like baby is pretty laid back, but that could just be for now while it gets bigger and stronger, and then who knows!

Me -  I have been feeling relatively good over the past week.  My appetite has been a little all over the place, but I’ve been eating much better for the most part.  I’m liking most meats again and even had steak like twice this week.  Hair, skin, and nails are looking really good this week.  My energy level has been up and down, definitely not consistent, but on the days its high I get a lot done.  I honestly think my energy level is more linked to emotion than actual pregnancy…which could still be hormonal, I guess.  I’m not eating as many sweets, but I am still indulging in plenty of fruit.  This has me thinking…I need to ramp up on my veggies.  I have seriously been slacking on those and I don’t even know why.

Hubs -  Good as usual!  He liked having me at home for the past few days.  It gave him a chance to kickback and not have to do too much of the domestic stuff.  I honestly enjoy doing the domestic things, and can’t wait until I can get back to doing them full-time.  Of course this won’t be until after baby comes…gotta keep that paycheck coming in!  Hubs has been touching my belly more and commenting on the growing size of it.  He teases me all the time, that I’m in denial when it comes to not being able to fit into my clothes anymore.  Its true…he’s right, but what can I say.  I’ve been the same size pretty much since high school, kinda hard to see yourself grow and realize that your bigger than you’ve ever been.  He keeps me laughing though, so it keeps me and baby happy.

I’ll be posting on both my prenatal appointment these week and my 20-week scan, so stay tuned!  Send us positive thoughts and good vibes and blessings!

Well folks, until next time!

Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.