Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This Week | 19 Weeks

Baby's a mango this week, well not a real mango, but the size of one.  I'm almost to the half way mark, which will officially make me 20 weeks (5 months) next week if I did my math correctly.  Baby weighs about 8.5 oz and is about 6 inches long.  I can totally tell that baby has had a growth spurt over the pass two weeks, because I've gotten bigger.  Also, the movements have gotten stronger, although not so much more frequent.  Baby is developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa, which is the white stuff that some babies are born with on their skin.  Its greasy is texture and pretty much protects the skin from the amniotic fluid while in the womb.  Baby's five senses are developing, as nervous system development started about a week ago. 

Baby - Like I stated above, definite growth spurt took place.  Movements have been stronger and heart rate still around high 140s-mid 150s.  Baby has moved up in my abdomen, so I feel the bulk of the movements right under my belly button (which pops halfway out every other day).  Baby is pretty calm as far as I can tell, and has movements mostly during that day that I can feel.  I'm sure baby is actually more active than I think, but I'm just going off of what I can physically feel.

Me - Energy level is good, sleeping is becoming a little more challenging, and I'm still getting up to pee at least once a night.  I have put on my pound for the week and I can totally tell.  Not only has my stomach gotten bigger, but my butt and thighs have as well.  My abs are no longer noticeable and defined, but carrying baby in my belly is a worthy sacrifice for them.  No stretch marks, swelling, cramping, dizziness or other crazy symptoms, and I'm beyond grateful.  My belly has been itchy, so I typically moisturize it at least twice a day.  Rings are still on, but I'm growing out of my pre-pregnancy clothes, mostly only pants. I haven't had any issues with tops yet.  Fortunately, I was able to go home and get my maxi dresses and bring them back with me.  I have at least 5-6 maxi dresses, so they will definitely be in high use this summer.  Hair and nails seem to be growing well, and my skin is still blemish free for the most part and oily as usual.  I see the super visible veins through my skin, making me look totally vascular, especially when I get hot.  Riding in the car for long periods of time is not fun, but I found when I sit straight up I feel okay.  Most noticeable change has been my belly, which has grown significantly.  I have definitely popped, although in most clothes you still can't tell.

Hubs - Good as usual!  He's talking to the baby more and interacting with my belly, lol!  He's more and more excited as the weeks go by.  Hubs is pretty amped about the ultrasound next week and enjoys going to my appointments with me.  We seriously can't wait to see baby next week and even more in October when it gets here.

Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.