Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pregnancy Knowledge | Hydration



Summer's right around the corner and so is the heat!  We are coming out of a pretty harsh, brutal, and unforgiving winter in most parts of the country, so the heat is definitely a relief.  I'm a total warm/hot weather person, I hate the cold at all costs.  Of course with the nicer weather coming, so does the down sides of it, like being hot, sticky, sweaty, and dare I say it...dum dum dum dehydrated!  For us preggos, it is increasingly important that we stayed hydrated, hot or not.  According to my PA, I'm supposed to be downing at least 64 oz (8 glasses) of water a day.  I've never been a huge water drinker, and many times struggle to just drink 5 or so glasses a day.  Trust I have paid for it in the past and learned my lesson.  I have come to the conclusion that if I only put water in front of me as my only option, then it's really the only thing I will drink.  The thing is that I rarely feel inclined to drink water, or anything else for that matter if I'm not eating.  I'm just one of those people who only associate drinking beverages while eating.  Growing up, we never just drank stuff because it was there.  We only drank if we were thirsty or eating, so I'm kinda programmed that way.

I checked out a few sources online, and was surprised to find these alternative sources of water from WedMD.com

1. Hamburger
2. Chicken breast
3. Soup, stew, broth
4. Jell-O
5. Grapefruit
6. Grapes
7. Watermelon
8. Fruit juice
9. Sports drinks or flavored waters
10. Smoothies

A lot of what I've been seeing lately are the fruit infused water (although I'm not a fan) and they seem to be a hit.  I prefer if anything sparkling flavored water, but it's hard to find without the artificial sweetners.  I also know that veggies contain a good bit of water, especially your leafy veggies, such as lettuce, kale, etc.  Of course fruits are a great source as well, and you can eat them whole or whip them up in smoothies.  So all in all, there are many ways to stayed hydrated, it just takes a little more diligence for some of us (me!) than it does for others.

Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.