Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Official!

So, I am officially at 17 weeks today, only 3 more weeks till I’m at the halfway point.  It's so exciting to be this far along.  It seems like just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant.  I found out at 4w2d, which is pretty early from what I hear.  I had always had regular periods before going on birth control and when I got off of it, they returned regular as well.  I knew something was up when I did get my period that Tuesday (the day it was due) or that Wednesday or Thursday.  I thought at first that it was just my body continuing to regulate itself from the birth control, but I ended up having a sneaking suspension that I should take a test.  I had only been off birth control for 2 or so months and was not trying to conceive, although I knew it was definitely a possibility.  I guess I didn't think it would happen that quickly, I know sounds really silly, right?!  My mom even warned me that coming off birth control that I would be really fertile, on top of coming from a family of very fertile women.  I guess I thought I was the exception, life proved me wrong.  That entire today I had been having lower back pain and increased vaginal discharge (TMI, but it’s a part of pregnancy).  I didn't think much of it, especially the lower back pain, because at my job I would sit majority of the day and that’s what I thought the lower back pain was from.  As far as the increased discharge, I have always secreted a pretty healthy amount of discharge daily since I can remember, so it wasn't too out of the ordinary.  The only different was that this discharge was a lot more, accompanied by cramps, and really, really white.  I got home and laid down to wind down from the day and didn't think much of these "symptoms" that I'd been having.

I had been home about 2 or so hours and had to go use the bathroom, that's when the thought crossed my mind to take a test.  I had thought about it much earlier in the day, but dismissed the thought, because I didn't want to waste a test if my period was going to come.  Anyhow, I went upstairs to my master bedroom bath to do my business and grabbed a test for the heck of it.  I took the test and within seconds I could see the positive coming up.  I couldn't believe my eyes, but on the same token not the least bit surprised.  I think I was more in shock to see a plus, and realize I was pregnant and had created a life with my husband, than just actually being pregnant.  Of course my husband was still at work and wasn't going to be home for at least another 45 min to hour.  I did give him a call to see how close he was to being off, and because he was on duty and waiting to get relieved he couldn’t give me a set time.  Nonetheless, while waiting for him I went through a gamut of emotions from excitement, to scared, to just not knowing what to think.  Finally my husband walked in the door and I started the conversation off very casually, talking about the day and how it went.  I'm sure he was wondering why I was so talkative and spastic, but I'm kind of like that naturally, so he probably thought I was just being me.  I was still in my green-on-green, and had tucked the test in my back waistband of my shorts.  All the while I was talking to him, I had the test barely an arm's length reach from him.  I led him over to the couch and told him I had a surprise for him and to reach around to my back to get it.  He reached around and grabbed the test and it literally only took him seconds to register the whole situation.  It was so funny, because he said to me "You pregnant?", I laughed and said "apparently!".  We had a good laugh and at the time I didn't realize it, but he told me a little while later on that night that he teared up.  I told him we had to go to Wal-Mart to get some more tests to verify, so we changed over and went  to pick them up.  We confirmed with two more tests, one being a digital and both came up positive of course...and that's when this journey started!

So here we are, 17 weeks, well into the second trimester and double digits.  I have my 20-week ultrasound coming up in 3 weeks, and I'm super excited (and a little anxious) about it.  This will only be the second time we will see our little one since my 10-week ultrasound.  I also have the notorious glucose test coming up at 28 weeks, so at 24 I will start a diet that my PA will give me to be on 4 weeks prior to the test.  I have taken one class thus far, which pretty much went over early pregnancy and such.  I take another this week on breastfeeding, which will be very interesting and informative, since I know zilch about breastfeeding.  My PA told me that there are some other classes that are available to me as well, so she will be informing me about those very soon.  I will do a recap, to the best of my ability, of weeks 4-16 in my next post and post bump pics as well of each week up until now. 

Its nearly lunch time and baby is kicking me, so I'm gonna go and feed us both. 

Happy bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.