Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pregnancy Belly | Georgia Sweet Tea & Lemonade Ice Cubes


Being the South sweet tea is a staple of the southern experience.  Its considered the South's table wine, and rightfully is should be.  If your from Georgia like me, you know we take sweet tea to a whole other level.  I thought I'd share my recipe for Sweet Georgia Sweet Tea with  a fun twist of tart and sweet lemon ice cubes.  I love nothing more than a good old fashioned sweet tea/lemonade mix, or what some refer to as an Arnold Palmer.  These delicious lemonade ice cubes give you a milder version of one with keeping the integrity of the satiating sweet tea.

Sweet Georgia Sweet Tea

Ingredients:

1 Family size tea bag
8 cups of water
3 cups of sugar
*Ice

Directions:

In a large pot boil the 8 cups of water, once to a rumbling boil turn heat off and put tea bag in water and cover.  Let tea seep for 20-30 minutes, then remove tea bag from brewed, unsweetened tea.  Pour brewed tea into a pitcher and pour in 3 cups of sugar and stir until sugar is dissolve.  Add plain ice from the freezer to cool tea off and add a balance of water to the tea.  The tea itself should fill the pitcher approximately 3/4 of the way, so you will add as much ice to fill the pitcher up.

Lemon Ice Cubes

Ingredients
Country Time Lemonade Mix, either the regular or pink lemonade...its up to you!
...or you can use real lemons
2 cups of water
1/2 -1 cup of sugar (this is to your taste, start off with less and add more)
Ice trays

Directions:
Mix lemonade mixture with water and sugar until well mixed.  Pour into ice trays and freeze until frozen.  Its just that simple.  If you prefer to make fresh squeezed lemonade from real lemons, add in some of the pulp for a true old-fashioned lemonade feel.

Pour your sweet tea in a glass tea filled with your lemonade ice cubes and sit back and enjoy!

Happy Bumping!

xxoo,

Tenns
  Cast Party Wednesday
Bubbly Nature Creations

8 comments :

  1. I love this...I live on it all summer! The ice cubes get nice an soft and slushy towards the end of the glass. Stopping in from Sweet & Savory Saturday - have a great weekend!
    Kim @ *Soliloquy Of Food & Such*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, your exactly right! That's what I like about the ice cubes as well. This is really one of my fave ways to drink sweet tea. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Looks so refreshing! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #20!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Glad to share and looking forward to next week's link up.

      Delete
  3. I can almost taste it that I must make this tomorrow! Pinning!
    Thank you.
    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I hope you enjoy. Its one of my all time favorite beverages hands down. Best of both worlds!

      ~Tenns

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this awesome Southern sweet tea recipe!! Your friend, Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/08/what-to-do-weekends-31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absolutely welcome Linda! Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to linking up again in the future!

      ~Tenns

      Delete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.